Nutritional supplements updated
Sold in health food stores for decades, Royal Wessanen’s brand, Natufood, is a range of very pure nutritional supplements, grains and oils. Introduced as a pioneer in 1981, the brand was losing shelf space to 21st century competitors.
Exploring a complicated world
As always, we started by reading every report & presentation available. To find more answers, we interviewed the experts. And explored the complex world of supplements – in great detail. We used the products in our daily lives, too. Then followed:
- product range & pack analysis
- brand key refinement
- competitive analysis
- future consumer profiling
- and new product & recipe development
Change starts from within
We discovered that Natufood has a really fascinating story to tell. And their seemingly “outdated” products were even more relevant than ever! So we had to find a way to make consumers notice them again. What did we do?
- Shifted Natufood’s mindset from “highly functional” and “medicinal” to “everyday healthy lifestyle”
- Zoomed in on the existing logo, which no one had looked at in ages.
- Made the “the angel of health” logo become the hero of packaging and communications.
Dutch ADCN award finalists
The brand story brought in a new tone of voice – and our moodboards expressed the lifestyle of the brand. All this went into a creative brief for the design agency. Then we acted as design advocates for our client, to ensure the new brand positioning came across on pack.